Memories Are The Treasures That We Keep Locked Deep Within The Storehouse Of Our Souls, To Keep Our Hearts Warm When We Are Lonely.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

KADAZAN SONG


A 1960's Kadazan song entitled ONDOMO ZOU NO sung by a local singer MOINIS SIMIN. A very nice sentimental song which I doubt any youngsters in this generation will appreciate it.
Though not knowing what it meant, I love this song since the 60's when it was aired in the radio repeatedly . Those years it was a hit song and can be heard being sung by almost all the Kadazan folks of all generation at that point of time. For years I sang this song without knowing the meaning until I was working and was able to understand a bit of the language. From then on it became one of my favourite songs because of the meaning of the lyrics and sentimental rhythm.
'Ondomo Zou No' means  'Please Remember Me'. I'm not a good translator but I did my best and do pardon me if my translations were wrong.

Nokuo tu nakabahik o kahangadan ku diau..au zou kalati... au zou kotoimo..ahalap do nipi nopo daa iti..au daa otopot..sabap moninduo nopo do ginavo ...om aiso i koikoto...ahalap do oposik zou do suvab doid nipi nopo daa sabap au zou kaanu do papalati diau om kosinduo nogi do tuhun suvai...oi minamangun sumambayang zou ompuno zou no om tuhungo zou do au zou daa kosinduo di tuhun di guminavo dogo.. au ku pinokianu...kahangadan minikot sondii..miad zou mokiampun..do minamangun...poinsoduo nodaa ngavi o ponginaman, kalaatan,  koimbazatan om potunudo no o lahan ku do au zou daa humasa...KOTOHUADAN

ONDOMO ZOU NO
Himo toun zou do minandad diau
Nababasan zou do huminansan diau
Taman toh noh topot ginavo nu
Taman toh noh piiot ginavo nu

Onu podi oh indadon dito
Onu podi oh hansanan dito
Noiikot noh ponononsu ku
Minomiubat nopoh do tiimpu ku

* Au koi nangku osianan dogo
   Id poginavaan nu di poguhu poh
   Ihad zou poh ngah au di ogingo
   Potohibo noh ngavi id nakatahib

Pamanau noh, adaa di pogkovihi
Dilahan diti noh busanan nu
Ondomon zou noh id nomboh ko nopoh
Tuhukon noh onu id kanangan nu
(Repeat *)

(Translation)
Five years I've waited for you   2
Till I gave up missing you
I thought your heart was true
I thought your heart was strong

What else are we waiting for
What else are we wishing for
How I regretted
Wasted my time only

* Have you ever had pity on me
   The person you once loved long time ago
   I wish to cry but it is useless
   Let bygone be bygone

Walk away and don't look back
To the path that you so wish
Remember me where ever you are
Go for what you have wished for


Sincerely yours with love always,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice..it brings back memories...sad memories

Ronnie Richard said...

one of my Fav song. last time this song i always played in youtube... but then the video gone.. luckily i found your blog. Thx for the Song!