Memories Are The Treasures That We Keep Locked Deep Within The Storehouse Of Our Souls, To Keep Our Hearts Warm When We Are Lonely.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Justice In Life?

When I am alone in these wee hours of the day, there are so many things that kept running in my head. Memories of yesteryears kept hunting me and I kept asking myself ‘where have I gone wrong with my life’. Less than 2 weeks from now, my blessed day will once again be approaching. I thank God for giving me another year of life in this wonderful world. Looks like I’m counting the chicks before the eggs hatched. For all one knows, though it is just a few more days to come, anything and everything can happen within those days. So I am crossing my fingers that I will be able to actually reach the date.

As I ponder over what had happened over the years, I am starting to appreciate those words once said by some learned scholars that there is no such thing as Justice in this world. It is just an illusion, a myth and a fairy tale. But the question is, is it me alone or are there others out there in the world that is facing the very same situation that I’ve been through?

Justice sounds like a good idea because it sort of equalizes the pain. I get hurt, so you get hurt in return.But is it worth it?  Hermmm….it just sounds good but in actual fact, look around us, there are more ocean than land, more roaches than roach motels, and more salesmen than prophets. Things just aren't meant to be equal. Suffering and happiness are not weighted in any kind of weighting machine; their relative proportion is completely unpredictable.

But then thinking back, I think justice in life is not that important to me now. I have so far lived life without justice in my life and I'm forced to be contended with it. Contended with all that went through in my life, good and bad, happy and sorrow. All these have made my life complete and thus memories are made.

After going through life all these years, I think I've discovered the secret of life - I'll just hang around and be contended with come-what-may or until my Creator calls me home………


Sincerely yours with love always,

No comments: