Memories Are The Treasures That We Keep Locked Deep Within The Storehouse Of Our Souls, To Keep Our Hearts Warm When We Are Lonely.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Monica Sendi Merang

I first met Monica Sendi Merang on the 29th May 2009 (1.30am), when she came to our rented house at USJ for a “walk through” before her flight back to Sarawak that very same morning. She came down from Ipoh together with my son Hadryan, Moshey, Erfan, Melissa a.k.a Bei, Hollison, Vanessa, Rick and 1 other, whom I can’t recall his name.

You might say that I am exaggerating my memories of her but she sure was quiet like a mouse when I sat there joking with the boys and not a word was heard from her since she stepped into our house till she left. Of all the ladies that came to our house that wee morning, only Bei can be heard laughing and dared to joked with me. Monica and Vanessa were rather quiet, most probably afraid of the host or maybe for some other reasons which are best known to them only. If only I can read people’s mind!

Asked them to cook something for supper as I was so sure that all of them were hungry after the long and tiring journey from Ipoh. One thing for sure, the boys were! Monica was pretty shy and timid when supper time came. She just sat there on the sofa quietly and only went for supper after Hadryan spoke to her with a voice only the mouse can hear. Being a parent, I’m quite observant and that caught me by surprise. From thereon I kept observing and that mere hint of genuine profundity can sometimes happen upon first encounters and I, now of course, do not need to prove myself wrong. Recalling back that memories makes me smile.

Anyway, that was how I first met Monica and my observation or rather my first impression of her. Now it has been almost 3 years (11 days more days) and we have been good friends indeed since. She would SMS me whenever she encountered problems or just simply to say “I miss you dady” or “Gudnite dad”. I find in her a mature intelligent Iban girl with elephant memory (idiom). Quiet as she was the first time I met her, down to earth girl and of course a very pretty girl. Judging from her outfit and way of living, I can’t find many girls in her class today of not being materialistic and she’s one of those few.

These are not an exaggeration of words from me but rather from what I’ve seen, heard, observed and experienced throughout knowing her. Monica, if you should ever stumble upon this blog, may I say to you here “Thank you for being part of my memories”.

Warmest Regards

1 comment:

Myth said...

hahaha..dy, i cant rmember d exact date wen i 1st met u and i just knw it wen i read this blog..hehe..thanx dad, ily! hehe